Do you have a passion for Canadian military history? The Juno Beach Centre’s Canadian office is currently hiring a Program and Development Coordinator to help the Association advance its fundraising and educational programming goals.
If you’re interested, please review the posting below and follow the application instructions included!
The Juno Beach Centre Association (“JBCA”) is a Canadian non-profit organization, which owns and operates the Juno Beach Centre, Canada’s only museum on the D-Day Landing beaches in Normandy, France. Governed by a Board of Directors, the JBCA is dedicated to the preservation of the memory of Canada’s veterans who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country and to educating future generations about the role Canadians played in preserving the freedoms we are privileged to enjoy.
The JBCA is expanding its Canadian team with a full-time Program and Development Coordinator to report directly to the Executive Manager and work closely with the Board of Directors, Associates, staff and volunteers to promote the mandate of the Association in Canada and advance its fundraising and programming goals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with the Executive Manager to develop and execute donor stewardship programs and fundraising initiatives including grant proposal writing, appeal letters, and government funding applications
- Administer existing national fundraising campaigns
- Coordinate national educational programming and events
- Coordinate the marketing and promotion of JBCA/JBC programs and initiatives through media relations and communications in Canada and with the JBC staff in France
- Initiate outreach campaigns nationally to spread awareness of these initiatives to educators, donors, community leaders, veterans, other like-minded organizations
- Assist with the creation and development of website content, social media content, blog posts, video content and other promotional materials
- Address general inquiries about the Juno Beach Centre and the Association
- Other administrative duties as assigned
The successful candidate is creative, driven, and connected with like-minded organizations in public, private and non-profit sectors. The ability to communicate effectively and respectfully on the phone and in person with donors, board members, veterans, volunteers, staff, and the general public is essential to this position.
Other requirements include:
Minimum 2 years of experience in a non-profit environment working with volunteers and volunteer committees, ideally in a fund-raising driven organization with national reach
- A completed post-secondary degree in public administration, education, history, marketing or other relevant education and experience.
- Bilingual (French/English) will be considered an asset
- Formal training in Fundraising (Planned Giving, Major Gifts, Corporate Sponsorships, Events etc.) will be considered as a major asset
- Superior written and oral communications skills
- Proficiency with office technology and information systems (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management, WordPress, and social media sites).
- An outgoing, self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of Canadian military history
- Ability to think creatively and strategically in order to develop new approaches to achieve desired results
- Flexible and easily adaptable to change
- Valid drivers license
- A willingness and ability to work occasional evenings and/or weekend events.
How to apply:
If you have a passion and respect for Canada’s veterans and their contribution to our society and would like to make your mark in the growth of a nationally focused non-profit organization, please submit your resumé and cover letter to: JBCA Executive Manager via email (with “Program and Development Coordinator Application” in the subject line) to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. The application deadline is December 15, 2014, though submissions will be reviewed upon reception. Prospective candidates may be contacted for an interview prior to the formal closing date. Remuneration is commensurate with experience.
Dispatches from Juno shares all the news, events, and stories from the Juno Beach Centre in France and Canada. Interested in contributing a story to the blog? Email the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.