Do you have a passion for Canadian military history? The Juno Beach Centre’s Canadian office is currently hiring a Program Manager to lead on an exciting new multi-year commemorative program
If you’re interested, please review the posting below and follow the application instructions included!
PROGRAM MANAGER, WORLD WARS COMMEMORATION
The Juno Beach Centre Association (“JBCA”) is a Canadian non-profit organization, which owns and operates the Juno Beach Centre, Canada’s only museum on the D-Day landing beaches in Normandy, France. The JBCA provides a means to honour and memorialize the contributions of Canadians during the Second World War, in an effort to create a legacy for future generations.
The JBCA is expanding its Canadian team with a full-time Program Manager to oversee a new multi-faceted national campaign to commemorate upcoming military anniversaries. This individual has experience leading cross-functional teams to achieve deliverables in a timely fashion, on budget, and is passionate about the legacy of Canada’s role in the First and Second World Wars. Creative, driven, and connected with like-minded organizations in public, private and non-profit sectors, the successful candidate will:
- Work with the Executive Director to develop and deliver a multi-faceted national commemorative program with special events, the creation of an educational website, and a national travelling exhibit;
- Implement a strategic plan for the program to meet deliverables on deadline;
- Manage day-to-day operations relating to the program, with the ability to balance the varied expectations of the project;
- Coordinate the marketing and promotion of the program activities through media relations and communications in Canada;
- Coordinate a national outreach campaign and special events across Canada;
- Act as the lead point-of-contact for program vendors, contractors, and stakeholders;
- Play a supporting role in attracting program partners and sponsors, including in-kind support;
- Possess superior time management, leadership, and communication skills;
- Understand new web-based technologies, especially as they pertain to digital learning environments.
Other requirements include:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a program development and delivery role
- A completed post-secondary degree in public administration, education, history, museums, marketing or other relevant education and experience
- Bilingual (French/English)
- Superior written and oral communications skills, with the ability to think creatively and strategically
- Proficiency with office technology and information systems (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management, WordPress, and social media networks)
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of Canadian military history is an asset
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to work occasional evenings and/or weekend events
This is an 18-month contract, ending in April 2017. Interviews for this position will take place the first two weeks of October and the candidate will be expected to begin working full-time shortly thereafter. The candidate must commit to the project until its completion in April 2017.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resumé and cover letter with three references to: JBCA Executive Director via email (with “Program Manager Application – Applicant Name” in the subject line) to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. The application deadline is October 6, 2015 at 5 PM ET though submissions will be reviewed upon reception. Candidates may be contacted for an interview before the closing date. Remuneration is commensurate with experience.
Dispatches from Juno shares all the news, events, and stories from the Juno Beach Centre in France and Canada. Interested in contributing a story to the blog? Email the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.