The JUNO BEACH CENTRE ASSOCIATION is looking for a qualified individual to enhance our Canadian office’s outreach abilities and strengthen our small and agile team.
MEDIA RELATIONS & COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR (full-time)
- $45,000 to 60 000 per annum based on years of experience, qualifications, and English-French bilingual capacities.
- Primary work location – Burlington, Ontario. Exceptional remote applicants will be considered.
- Application deadline: January 1st 2020
- Beginning of contract February 1st 2020 (3 months’ probation)
- Valid Driver’s license required. Some domestic and international travel required.
The Juno Beach Centre Association (JBCA) is a registered charity that owns and operates the Juno Beach Centre, Canada’s privately-owned Second World War museum and education centre. The Juno Beach Centre is located on the beaches of the Normandy Landings in France, where Allied Forces began the liberation of Europe from Nazi rule on June 6th, 1944. The core purpose of the Association includes:
- Remembering and commemorating the sacrifices made by all Canadians who were part of the Allied victory in all theatres of war and at home during the Second World War.
- Educating adults and children of today and future generations about the role of Canada and Canadians in preserving the freedoms we are privileged to enjoy in the Second World War.
The Association’s mandate in Canada is to build awareness domestically of Canada’s role in the Second World War, to create awareness and attract more Canadian visitors to the JBC, and to develop an environment of support for fundraising initiatives that will secure the future of the JBC as an essential destination for Canadian pilgrimage and remembrance. The JBCA is tasked with developing effective awareness and communications campaigns about the significance and pertinence of this heritage in our modern-day Canada.
Reporting to the Outreach & Operations Manager (O&O Manager), the Media Relations & Communications Coordinator is primarily responsible for establishing a framework and methods to deliver the staff’s tailored educational content and fundraising messages across Canada. The Media Relations & Communications Coordinator ensures consistent, effective, and measurable delivery of the JBCA’s Communications Plan and message. The successful candidate will help consolidate and analyse the JBCA’s contact lists including past donors and prospects and create ways to sustain their steady growth. Activities will include the following:
- Participate in the creation and implementation of promotions and communications protocols on all media (mailing, emailing, social media)
- Create effective ways to monitor and analyze results and report on them (newsletters sent, opened, fundraiser results, online shop indicators) monthly and seasonal
- Create, follow-up, and update the Association contact files (donors, partners, elected officials, guests at ceremonies, JBC clients and prospects, staff contacts and Board networks)
- Build and maintain a following and engage them using JBCA’s database (media contacts, followers, visitors, influencers)
- With the O&O Manager monitor social media analytics, Google Analytics, and insights
- Run paid media campaigns assisting the JBC’s Communications Assistant with the social media pages across all platforms, included but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube & LinkedIn.
- Participate with JBCA and JBC staff in curating content and building an editorial calendar; schedule social media posts
- Collaborate with JBCA’s executive, board members, sponsors, and partners to increase social media reach.
- Write and distribute press releases.
- Work with the O&O Manager and our website service provider (Plank) on maintenance and development of the JBC’s website, managing basic content updates (event pages, blogs, header slider updates) with Plank, based on established schedules
- Maintain communication contact lists and database records in MailChimp and Sumac
- Represent the JBCA both online, via our social media accounts, and in person at conferences and events.
FUNDRAISING OUTREACH COORDINATION
- Assist JBCA Staff to develop and execute institutional and seasonal marketing strategies
- Plan and implement subscription campaigns to new and existing audiences to achieve sales, admissions, and audience development targets
- Organize and implement all direct marketing campaigns including direct mail
- Manage a production calendar and timelines for all marketing campaigns
- Create marketing collateral for campaigns ensuring patrons are receiving the right message at the right time across multiple channels, including annual subscriptions campaigns
- Work closely with the JBC and JBCA staff, as well as Graphic Designer (external) to create compelling content to support fundraising marketing initiatives
- Assist in the development of new product offerings
- Manage external vendors such as printers and media agencies
- Analyze marketing and advertising trends to continuously cultivate new initiatives and ideas, maintain awareness of latest developments, and analyze results
- Work closely with leadership on the Board and JBCA on building retention and fundraising priorities and engagement strategies
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in media communications, social media, and website content management, marketing and sales, or acceptable combination
- Previous experience working with contact management platforms
- Previous experience using media database tools
- Knowledge of photography and photo/video editing tools an asset.
- Exceptional written communication skills and presentation capabilities
- Excellent time-management and organization skills; able to handle multiple projects at once.
- Self-starter, able to take initiative and work independently, as well as collaboratively.
- Good problem solving, decision-making, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to liaise with wide variety of contacts including VIP’s, associations, boards of directors, and sponsors and donors
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for contemporary Canadian history – Canadian studies, identity, memory, remembrance culture, an asset.
- Advanced French language skills an asset.
- Application bundle should be one PDF document including cover letter, CV, and 2 references with contact and title information to reach them.
- Send your application to email@example.com attention to Hiring Manager
Please include your name and the position title in your subject line.
- Phone calls will not be accepted.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Dispatches from Juno shares all the news, events, and stories from the Juno Beach Centre in France and Canada. Interested in contributing a story to the blog? Email the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.