The JUNO BEACH CENTRE ASSOCIATION is looking for a qualified individual to enhance our Canadian office’s fundraising activities, donor relations stewardship, and our small and agile team.
FUNDRAISING & DONOR RELATIONS COORDINATOR (FULL-TIME OVER 12 MONTHS)
NOTE: This job is a 12-month contract funded through the Resilient Communities Fund granted through the Ontario Trillium Foundation.
- $40,000 to $50,000 over 12 months based on years of experience, qualifications, and English-French bilingual capabilities.
- Primary work location – Burlington, Ontario. The successful candidate will spend some time at the office in addition to interacting with team members over Zoom, Slack, and other communication channels.
- Application deadline: May 9th 2021
- Beginning of contract: June 9th 2021
- End of contact: June 8th 2022
- Valid driver’s license required. Some domestic travel required.
- The successful candidate will be working from home and interacting with team members over Zoom, Slack, and other communication channels.
The Juno Beach Centre Association (JBCA) is the Canadian-based charity that owns and operates the Juno Beach Centre (JBC), Canada’s Second World War museum and cultural centre in Normandy, France. The JBC is located on the beaches of the Normandy Landings in France, where Allied Forces began the liberation of Europe from Nazi rule on June 6th, 1944. The core purpose of the Association includes:
- Remembering and commemorating the sacrifices made by all Canadians who were part of the Allied victory in all theatres of war and at home during the Second World War.
- Educating adults and children of today and future generations about the role of Canada and Canadians in preserving the freedoms we are privileged to enjoy today.
The Association’s mandate in Canada is to build awareness domestically of Canada’s role in the Second World War, to create awareness and attract more Canadian visitors to the JBC, and to develop an environment of support for fundraising initiatives that will secure the future of the JBC as an essential destination for Canadian pilgrimage and remembrance. The JBCA is tasked with developing effective awareness and communications campaigns about the significance and pertinence of this heritage in modern-day Canada
Like other charitable institutions the world over, the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the nature of our fundraising activities. Ensuing financial sustainability of the Juno Beach Centre is a key priority for the JBCA. The Fundraising & Donor Relations Coordinator (FDRC) will assist with this strategic direction by helping the team grow our grassroots, corporate, and major donor fundraising initiatives.
Reporting to the Operations and Outreach Manager, the FDRC will support the development and execution of fundraising events and programming at the JBCA. The successful candidate will assist with improving and optimizing our donor relations processes and procedures. The FDRC will also assist JBCA staff with donor communications and managing the donor database. Activities include the following:
- Assist in the development of an overall fundraising strategy
- Assist in the development of new product offerings
- Organize and implement fundraising programs and events
- Communicate with donors, including follow-ups for our fundraising programs and tax receipt generation and delivery
- Improve and optimize JBCA donor relations processes and procedures
- Address donor inquiries about the museum and our programs
- Manage donor databases, including data entry, synchronization, and cleaning
- Coordinate with other team members, especially the Media Relations and Communications Coordinator
- Work closely with the JBC and JBCA staff, as well as Graphic Designer (external) to create compelling content to support fundraising marketing initiatives
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in fundraising, donor relations, customer service, marketing and sales, or acceptable combination
- Previous experience with customer relationship / donor management databases and software (eg. CanadaHelps, Sumac)
- Previous experience with crowdfunding and fundraising coordinator websites (eg. GoFundMe, PayPal Giving Fund, Race Roster, Eventbrite)
- Strong writing and communications skills, basic understanding of social media networks
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; able to handle multiple projects at once
- Self-starter, able to take initiative and work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Good problem solving, decision-making, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to liaise with a wide variety of contacts including VIP’s, associations, boards of directors, and sponsors and donors
- Ability to think creatively and strategically in order to develop new approaches to achieve desired results
- Flexible and easily adaptable to change
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of Canadian history – Canadian studies, identity, memory, remembrance culture, an asset
- Preference will be given to candidates with the ability to communicate in English and French
- The application bundle should be one PDF document including cover letter, CV, and 2 references with contact and title information to reach them.
- Send your application to email@example.com, with the subject line “Fundraising Coordinator – Last Name”.
- Phone calls will not be accepted.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Dispatches from Juno shares all the news, events, and stories from the Juno Beach Centre in France and Canada. Interested in contributing a story to the blog? Email the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.