JBC events cancelled or postponed
Due to the closure of the Juno Beach Centre as part of the COVID-19 outbreak
response plan, all events planned at the Juno Beach Centre in May 2020 are
cancelled or postponed to a later date. The status of our June events will be
assessed as soon as official information allows a decision to be made.
Welcome to join us to commemorate V-E Day 75 on our social networks!
The Juno Beach Centre is preparing virtual commemorative efforts to mark May 8,
1945, the end of the Second World War in Europe.
– Maple Leaves & Tulips temporary exhibition
What we are preparing:
– A social media call-out asking you to send photos or videos featuring some
piece of the Second World War with meaning to you or your family.
– Victory75.ca / victoire75.ca landing pages featuring contents and our major
projects and partners for the anniversary.
– A new Legacy of Honour video featuring Norm Kirby, poster boy for VAC’s remembrance campaign.
– Launching in mid-April: Defining Moments Canada’s story maps and
educational resources featuring stories of resilience
– Podcasts marking the end of the Second World War: an interview with a
liberator, the Battle of the Atlantic…
– Commemorative badges available for purchase to be shared on social media
as a symbol of remembrance. To be confirmed.
To receive uplifting contents, stories and activities, and updates to sign up
for our newsletter!