Canada’s 150th anniversary celebration was a great success at the Juno Beach Centre in partnership with Normandy Beach Yoga. More than 300 people took part in the museum’s multipurpose room to sing the Canadian national anthem and share a moment of conviviality with the Juno Beach Centre team that had prepared festive entertainment:
- Floral arrangement creation by Bure Fleurs from Saint-Aubin-sur-Mer
- Demonstration of jewelry making by Sandrine Maheut, Les Fleurs de Sam
- Pancakes and maple syrup snacks by AD caterer from Saint-Aubin-sur-Mer
- Maple syrup activities by Quebecker Louise Cossette
- Signature of the graphic novel “44 blessent mon cœur d’une langueur monotone ” by Franck K. LEHODEY
- Sale of 100 surprise envelopes for 2 €
- Sale of Canadian products
- Canadians songs on violon and guitar by the talented Canadians guides of the Juno Beach Centre
- Compagnie VO revived the poppy, a symbol of Canada, with large red and white canvases (Dance inspired by Loie Fuller)
- Babeeta Chhabra hosted a Yoga session with around twenty participants at 7:30 pm in the museum
Participants were able to discover Canadian beer served exceptionally for the occasion as it is a Must for this celebration in Canada!
Peter Buckley, son of Canadian veteran Hugh Buckley, came from England for this special day! He exclaimed: “This is the most patriotic Canada Day I have ever had the opportunity to participate in.”
A 17-year-old Canadian won the big prize of our surprise envelopes. Michael Murphy lives in Montreal. He was at the Centre for Canada ‘s 150th birthday while on a road trip across France with his family: Paris – the South – Vimy Ridge where his grandfather died.
“Celebrating Canada’s 150th anniversary at the Juno Beach Centre is very moving, as I notice the French respect for Canadians. A beautiful friendship!
Many Canadians were present for this celebration and left a note on our flag wall. French people, and inhabitants of Courseulles-sur-Mer have not missed the celebrations of their liberators!
Thank you Jordan Duchemin for the great photos !
Dispatches from Juno shares all the news, events, and stories from the Juno Beach Centre in France and Canada. Interested in contributing a story to the blog? Email the editor at email@example.com.